Tuning Module E-Bike VOLspeed V4
for E-Bikes/Pedelecs BOSCH Active/ Plus / Performance/ CX, -> `21, Gen2/Gen3/Gen4
- invisible at the drive motor
- displayed: actual values
- activation: keys at control unit
- controls: keys
- electric assistance 25-45 km/h
- 37x19x9 mm
Race use only! Liability, warranty and guarantee on the part of the dealer/manufacturer expires or is severely restricted.
The brand new tuning module from VOLspeed for Bosch motors since model year 2014. With simplified operation and new functions, such as individual configuration of the motor support.
Since 2018, the VOLspeed company from Ehekirchen in Bavaria has been one of the leading manufacturers of innovative tuning modules for e-bikes, pedelecs and S-pedelecs. The VOLspeed Performance V4 tuning module for e-bikes and pedelecs with BOSCH drive systems is a product on the market whose individual optimisation options are unique.
- Plug & Ride: automatic initialisation, immediately ready for use after installation
- Individual support levels for alternative mode
- All data is displayed correctly
The tuning module for e-bikes with BOSCH motors
The VOLspeed tuning module is suitable for the following BOSCH motors: All BOSCH drives since model year 2014, i.e. Active Line, Active Line Plus and Performance Line (CX). Attention: No support for the "Smart System", also known as "BES3", from model year 2022.
Plug & Ride
In contrast to the previous models, a setup is no longer necessary. The tuning module can be used immediately after installation. All necessary settings are made automatically. This also applies in the event of a conversion, temporary removal or when replacing the display.
Individual assistance modes
For each riding mode (TURBO, EMTB/SPORT, TOUR, ECO) the power of the motor itself can be adjusted. The assistance can be adjusted according to the speed, but the original settings remain, so that you can very easily choose between your own and preset modes while riding. This is done with the WALK button. There are now four different settings for assistance per driving level. The tried and tested "dynamic mode", which controls the motor noticeably softer, is still available and can now be combined with the standard mode or a custom setting. The speed display only briefly jumps to a different value so that you can see which mode is active.
Display values for the different modes
10 km/h Standard mode
11 km/h Dynamic mode
12 km/h Alternative mode
13 km/h Alternative and dynamic mode
By default, the alternative mode, which can be set by the rider, is already preset. The three modes ECO, TOUR and SPORT are set so that the assistance is slightly higher than the original setting. When switching to the alternative mode, the support is then slightly stronger. Of course, each level can also be configured individually. With the module activated, simply select the driving level while stationary, then briefly press the push-assist button and then the minus button. Now the plus button can be used to switch to the setting for 10 km/h, 20 km/h and above. Pressing it again ends the process and all values are saved.
Motor support in percent in the different driving modes
|Active Line Plus||40||100||180||250|
|Performance Line CX||50||120||210||300|
eMTB mode and TOUR+ mode
The strength of the pedal force support is different in these modes: in eMTB, the support is not permanently at 210 %, but can be above or below this depending on the pedal torque. However, these modes can also be specifically switched off by activating the alternative mode.
Note: If the self-set riding modes are used with the Nyon or Nyon 2, these will always have priority over the settings of the module.
The functions of the VOLspeed V4 tuning module
An overview of the most important functions of the VOLspeed V4 tuning module for e-bikes and pedelecs with Bosch motors:
- New: Automatic initialisation, immediately ready for use after installation.
- Tuning can be switched on and off via buttons on the control unit.
- The downshift speed can be freely set in the range 25 to 45 km/h via the plus/minus buttons after switching on. The last set value is saved.
- Tuning is always switched off after switching on the bike.
- Setting of a "softer down-regulation behaviour" possible (dynamic mode). The otherwise very abrupt downshifting at the speed limit is thus significantly softened.
- New: Support levels can be configured individually (alternative mode). An individual configuration can also be defined for each speed level and called up very easily while riding (function not available with Smartphone Hub and Cobi).
- Individual activation code can be set (function not available with Smartphone Hub and Cobi).
- Correct display of speed, distance travelled and average speed at all times. • Residual range calculation from current driving style with active tuning.
- Battery display in percent alternating with remaining range when tuning is active. Interval: Four seconds range, one second battery level (Intuvia and Purion only).
- Correct total kilometre reading of the bike even after removing the tuning module, as the kilometres in the motor control are tracked by the tuning module.
Mounting, activating and controlling the VOLspeed V4 tuning module
It is no problem to fit the VOLspeed V4 tuning module to the BOSCH engine. Activation and control are automatic and no setup is required.
The installation will take between 15 and 30 minutes. Depending on the bike, different tools are required, but usually an ISIS crank puller and a TX20 Torx spanner. Cable connections only need to be plugged in, otherwise no changes to the motor are necessary. The VOLspeed V4 tuning module is not visible after installation, it disappears completely under the fairing of the motor.
Due to the plug-in connections, disassembly is basically just as easy as installation. There should be no visible damage to the e-bike or pedelec.
Conclusion: With the V4, VOLspeed fulfils all the wishes of riders with BOSCH drives.
Our ideas for easy installation and a pleasant ride - SIP TIP:
- Installation is easier with the pedal puller
- Many things can be stored in the handlebar bag
- The matching helmet is also available
A crank puller is needed to remove the cranks of e-bikes quickly and easily. This is already included in our tuning module sets.
|File name||File type||Description||File size|