SIP SUPER PLUS - Recipe for Vespa Rider
from the restaurant "Bullerei", Hamburg Germany
Tim Mälzer‘s and Patrick Rüther‘s Bullerei Restaurant is situated in the middle of Hamburg in the Lagerstraße, between Hamburger Messe, the meat market and the Schanzenviertel area. A popular restaurant was built here in the historical cattle sheds of the old slaughterhouse saved from demolition. For any time of the day, every taste and any lifestyle. The Bullerei has come up with an exclusive recipe for SIP and their fellow customers.
Bullerei Pasta Bolognese Ragout
serves 4 persons:
- 400 g beef shank
- 300 g neck of pork (boneless)
- 200 g lamb shoulder (on the bone)
- salt, pepper
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, 2 carrots
- 2 celery sticks, 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of tomato purée
- 200 ml of white wine
- 300 ml of beef stock
- 1 small tin of puréed and
- sieved tomatoes (400 g tin)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig of oregano and rosemary
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 150 ml of full fat milk
- approx. 500 g orecchiette pasta
- parmesan (grated)
- lemon zest (unprocessed)
1. Salt the meat on all sides. Heat up the olive oil in a deep roasting tin. Sear the meat on both sides in this, take out and put to one side.
2. Dice the onions. Peel the carrots, clean the celery and dice both together.
3. Add the vegetables and garlic cloves to the roasting tin and roast. Add tomato purée and briefly roast with the other ingredients.
4. Deglaze with white wine, briefly leave reduce and add stock, rosemary, thyme, and the puréed and sieved tomatoes.
5. Place the meat in the roasting tin again, add the bay leaves and leave to refine for 2-3 hours with the lid on.
6. Take the meat out of the roasting tin after the cooking time. Season the sauce with pepper and oregano. Chop up the parsley and mix. Add milk, boil the sauce and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Pull the meat into pieces with 2 forks and chop up if necessary. Remove the bones, fat and sinews in the process. Return the meat to the roasting tin.
8. Cook the pasta in ample, boiling salted water according to the packing instructions, strain, leave to drain, mix with the Bolognese ragout.
9. Serve with a lot of parmesan and basil.
Upload pictures on instagram and hashtag them with #sipscootershop and #bullerei - we're looking forward to it!