all new and available end of march 2021: Rim Aluminium SIP SERIES PORDOI
for Vespa GTS/GTS Super/GTV/GT 60/GT/GT L 125-300ccm
- 3.00 12"
- 10 spokes
- matt black
- KBA 53421
SIP SERIES PORDOI rims for all modern Vespa GTS models with road approval.
The SIP SERIES PORDOI rims made their first appearance at the release of our 2019 Custom GTS of the same name. The good response and positive feedback gave us the reason to finally bring the unique rims with their special features to the market.
- Available in 12" or 13
- Up to 140/70-12" tyres on 12" rim
- Up to 140/60-13" tyres for 13" rim
- With road approval (KBA)
- various colours
Besides the modern design of the rim, the wide rim is a real eye-catcher. We deliberately made sure that the rim was visually wider, so that the rims look much wider and more massive than all other rims. Especially with the 140 tyre on the rear wheel, the GTS looks more powerful than ever. The 10 spokes, some with a milled surface, round off the design.
The rims are available in two versions
The rim can be mounted front & rear plug & play. All tyres up to 140 mm width fit. Please note mounting instructions below.
The first existing 13" rim which can be used on the GTS without any problems with the ABE. No more legal grey areas, no more arguments with the TÜV inspectors or similar - fit the rims and the legal conversion to 13" is complete (EU law).
But that's not all, we even had the rim homologated with a 140 wide tyre on the rear wheel. What does that mean? Quite simply, instead of the standard 130" tyre, a 140/60-13" tyre can now be used legally on the rear. It has never been easier to legally put a conversion to 13" and wide tyres on the road.
Note: Changing the tyre size also changes the transmission ratio of the tyres, which ultimately leads to a deviation in the speedometer display. Since the original speedometer deviates from the real value by up to 10%, the deviation is still within the tolerance for 12" rims with 140 tyres as well as for 13" rims with max. 140 tyres. Actually, this is even an advantage, because with the larger tyres the speedometer reading comes closer to the real speed.
Both the 12" and the 13" rim come with KBA number and ABE. The latest version of the ABE can be found in the downloads. Please check whether the ABE is valid for the desired vehicle before purchasing.
- Front wheel: Plug & Play. No additional mounting kit is required.
- Rear wheel: The MV848039 socket is always required for rear mounting.
- For models equipped with ABS as standard on the rear wheel, a mounting kit (e.g. MV000617K / MV000617) including new wheel bolts and screws for the tone wheel is required. These items are not included in the scope of delivery and must be ordered separately.
- After fitting the rims on ABS models, the ABS/ASR system should be recalibrated. Detailed instructions are available in the download area or in the owner's manual of the vehicle.
The rims themselves are manufactured in accordance with ETRTO (European Tyre and Rim Technical Organisation) guidelines, the industry specification for rim and tyre production.
Conclusion: Beautiful rims that open up completely new possibilities with the ABE and wide tyres.
Buy recommendation - Our SIP-TIP:
- Don't forget the right dust cap for the front wheel. We recommend the dust cap SIP SERIES PORDOI MV872300 for 13" and MV872200 for 12" rims.
- Matching valve for front and rear is required (e.g. art. no. PI597679)
- For mounting the rear rim the spacer bushing has to be exchanged for SIP item no. MV848039
- Models with ABS on the rear wheel still need a suitable mounting kit for the tone wheel (e.g. item no. MV000617K or MV000617)
- New tyres are mandatory. We recommend HEIDENAU K80 SR, front 120/70-13" - rear 140/60-13 for 13" rims, SIP Performance tyres for 12" rims
- Optimum suspension with SIP PERFORMANCE shock absorbers!
Shoplinkto our SIP SERIES PORDOI Aluminium Rims: https://sip.shop/rimpordoi