Contact breaker ignitions are usually prone to failure, of limited suitability for tuning and a major risk factor on long rides. Which is why they are often times replaced with electronic ignitions.
To do so, fans of the Vespa 125 VNB/GT/GTR//Super/TS/150 VBA/VBB/VGLA/B/GL/Sprint/V/Super had only two options so far: They could either use a qualitatively arguable BAJAJ ignition, or go for the top quality but very expensive VESPATRONIC.
SIP have managed to gain the assistance of a major European producer, VAPE, to manufacture these high-end ignition systems for our beloved Vespas. The materials, production and construction of the SIP PERFORMANCE ignition systems are of the highest quality. The laser-cut logo is a good indication of the overall clean and efficient manufacture of the components of this kit.
Technical specifications :
- A relatively high 110W power is available from tick-over for greatly improved lighting.
- Can also power additional electrical components such as a fuel pump, lambda sensor heating, USB power-port etc.
- Precisely balanced flywheel due to its one-piece construction.
- Plug & Play installation without a strobe-lamp due to precise ignition point markings.
- Perfectly arranged rotational mass, improved throttle-response.
- Ideal cooling performance, identical with original straight-finned type.
- Twelve-finned, CNC machined fanwheel.
- RPM linked variable ignition point (SIP PERFORMANCE 'Sport' version).
- Complete delivery includes : CDI, Fly/fanwheel, rectifier (DC), regulator (AC).
- Single woodruff key slot on crankshaft mounting of the flywheel, avoiding incorrect set up.
- High end materials, precise production and laser-cut logo.
The CDI module is available as a 'Road' version with a static ignition point, similar to the original item, or a 'Sport' version that includes a variable ignition point which advances at low revs. This increases the available torque - especially at the lower end - and the ignition point is then gradually retarded as the rpm rises into the power-band. This also helps reduce the combustion temperature while simultaneously providing an increased rev-range.
Here you can order the Ignition SIP Performance for Vespa 125 VNA/VNB/GT/GTR/Super/TS/VBA/VBB Modells