Occasionally only a relatively small impulse can have a great effect, which is especially true of the technology involved in tuning vintage Vespas. The fact that control cables play an essential role in their overall function is no big secret. Hardly another form of transport includes such long and awkwardly-routed control cables in its design as a classic Vespa or Lambretta scooter. This can quickly lead to vague feedback from the various connected components and stiff operation. When correctly set up these problems can be minimised, although more modern scooter types remain a lot more user-friendly to the rider. Due to the longer service intervals sometimes involved, extensive research has been carried out in the quest for improved control cables and a number of manufacturers are currently producing types with updated performance characteristics.
Cable Kit SIP Performance for Vespa/Lambretta
SIP decided to take on the challenge by starting from scratch with a completely fresh and modern design. These SIP Performance Control Cables were conceived to be state-of-the-art, introducing a new level of operational control, riding dynamics and handling to any vintage scooter type. To satisfy these high requirements we first carried out extensive research and testing to establish our possibilities within the constraints of current vehicle construction technology. We then adapted the results to the conditions presented by vintage metal-bodied scooters.
The product of this development process, the SIP Performance Control Cables, fulfil all demands made on modern control cables.
- Especially stable, torsion-free cable-outers.
- High-end, race-proven quality.
- Exact lengths for specific scooter models.
- No further modification or adjustment necessary, plug & play!
- Gearbox control cables individually marked (1-1,2-2) at both ends
- Rust-free stainless steel cable inners.
- Welded cable-inner ends.
- All outer cables lined with a PE material.
- 7 x 7 single-strands for the throttle cable-inners, extremely flexible even when sharply bent.
- 19 single-strands for the clutch, brake and gear control cable-inners for increased durability.
- Gear control cables are pre-stretched to ensure precise operation with a rounded profile.
- Clutch and both brake cables are pre-lubricated.
Available in black or grey
Specially made for Vespa Fender Light Models with cross pattern
Here you can order the SIP Performance Cable Kits
All cables are also available with or w/o sleeve. Click here