VOLspeed V4: New tuning modules for GIANT Syncdrive
At the end of March 2022, two new tuning modules from VOLspeed will be released for GIANT motors. For the Syncdrive Pro2 motor there will be a completely new module. For the Syncdrive Sport, Pro, Life and Core drives a . revised version is offered. Let's take a closer look at the changes and innovations.
The new tuning module for the GIANT Syncdrive Pro2
The 2022 Trance and Reign models are the first to feature the new Syncdrive Pro2 motor. Based on the popular Yamaha PW-X3, however, different connectors are used than on the common Syncdrive drives. So the manufacturer VOLspeed decided to design a new tuning module.
But, don't worry, the installation of the tuning module VOLspeed for GIANT Syncdrive Pro2 V4 remains relatively simple. Instead of on top of the engine, as we were used to from Yamaha, the electrical connections are now on the side. Also, there are no more cables leading away from the engine, but the sockets have been installed directly in the engine housing. The result is a much clearer "cable tangle" on the bike. Installation is also made easier by the space under the side cover, where the tuning module can be easily accommodated.
The e-bikes equipped with a Syncdrive Pro2 have the new Ergo 3 control element and additionally the Go+ control unit in the top tube. An EVO-SG display can be retrofitted as an option. All new units are of course supported and addressed by the VOLspeed V4.
Installing the VOLspeed V4 on the Syncdrive Pro2
In the video below you can see how the VOLspeed V4 is installed in a Reign E+0 2022. The tuning module is operated with a Rideash Plus and the EVO-SG display. Alternatively you can also use the Ridecontrol App can be used. The display is not required for commissioning the tuning module. A display is only needed if the settings are to be changed.
The functions of the new VOLspeed V4 modules
New VOLspeed modules are now available for the following engines:
And here is the feature overview:
- New: Plug & Ride! Automatic initialisation - immediately ready for operation after installation.
- Tuning can be activated and also deactivated via the control unit on the handlebar.
- After commissioning, the downshift speed can be freely set in the range 25-45 km/h using the arrow keys. The last set value is saved.
- When the bike is switched on, the tuning is initially always deactivated.
- The "softer down-regulation behaviour" can be switched on (dynamic mode). The abrupt downshifting at the speed limit is significantly reduced.
- New: An individual activation code can be set.
- Correct display of speed, distance travelled and average speed.
- The total mileage of the bike remains correct even after removing the tuning module. The kilometres are tracked in the engine control by the tuning module.
- The wheel circumference is adjustable (+/-10%) to increase the accuracy of the speed display and distance measurement.