9905 Gäste, 1435 Mitglieder online.

community Forum

Nicht beantwortet Tubeless Spare ?

Letzter Beitrag Mo, Jun 6 2011 1:11 von heggie. 23 Antworten.
  • Fr, Mrz 25 2011 21:44

Tubeless Spare ?

Hello there. Can anyone tell me if the S.I.P tubeless rims will fit as a spare wheel under the left hand panel of a P.X ? Thanks. Mongo. 

• CashPoints: 6
    • IP-Adresse ist 82.33.41.7
  • Mo, Mrz 28 2011 17:59 Antwort zu

Re: Tubeless Spare ?

1965davew:

Hello there. Can anyone tell me if the S.I.P tubeless rims will fit as a spare wheel under the left hand panel of a P.X ? Thanks. Mongo. 

mongo,

please keep me updated (and post it here.) if you find the answer somewhere other then on the sip forum. when i save up the money i was going to order three rims (one for the spare cowl on my stella) and i just assumed that since it fits the same on the hub-it would fit the same as a spare in the cowl. maybe the only difference would be if you went with a tire wider then 3.5 x 10" - but even then it seems like there is a bit of extra room for it under the panel. i guess i didn't think about the spare tire area enough. thanks.

• IP-Adresse ist 99.23.159.121
  • Di, Mrz 29 2011 11:33 Antwort zu

Yeah...would've thought the same myself. Maybe it's a trick question Smile

• IP-Adresse ist 91.209.106.1
  • Di, Mrz 29 2011 12:49 Antwort zu

No it's not a trick question. I was told by a reliable source that they don't which is why I'm asking. I'm hoping that either somebody from S.I.P or somebody who has one fitted or has tried to fit one will answer. Like you, I thought that they obviously would. 

• IP-Adresse ist 212.137.45.109
  • Di, Mrz 29 2011 18:04 Antwort zu

1965davew:

No it's not a trick question. I was told by a reliable source that they don't which is why I'm asking. I'm hoping that either somebody from S.I.P or somebody who has one fitted or has tried to fit one will answer. Like you, I thought that they obviously would. 

No problem Dave...was just joking Wink

I was going to take off my front wheel (Heidenau K58 on SIP tubeless rim) this weekend anyway to put on a tax disc holder onto the mudguard. Will see whether the wheel will fit the spare wheel then and keep you posted. 

• Di, Mrz 29 2011 19:56 Antwort zu

qathafi,

cool! Big Smile  i realy want to know the answer to if it will fit in the spare/cowl area too. what rim are you running? the 2.50 or the 3.00? and, what size tire? (please take a photo of it in there if possible.)

you would think SIP would say in the item description if it does or doesn't fit as a spare - wouldn't you? or atleast say - "this item will not fit in the spare cowl area" (or something like that.) if it doesn't fit in there.

by the way... what are your thoughts on the tubeless rims? like? dislike? tire mounting and such?

thanks for your help! i look forward to finding out. - and will look for your post.

thanks again, heggie

• Di, Mrz 29 2011 21:10 Antwort zu

Thanks for your interest chaps, much appreciated.Big Smile 

• Mi, Mrz 30 2011 3:24 Antwort zu

1965davew,

alright... i finally got ahold of my friend that has sip tubeless rims. he said he's running 100 x 90 x 10's and they do fit in the spare/ left cowl of his px. hopefully qathafi will still double check this weekend like he said and let us know. ( just to be sure.)

buy the way, my friend says they're great rims. has them on both his px and his rally. said the only down side is mounting the tires on the rim. (maybe qathafi can give us his thought on that too.Big Smile)

so, that's what i've got so far. it's been fun. later, heggie

• Mi, Mrz 30 2011 5:03 Antwort zu

Smile

• CashPoints: 5
  • Mi, Mrz 30 2011 11:58 Antwort zu

Good news. Thanks.

• IP-Adresse ist 212.137.45.109
  • Mi, Mrz 30 2011 17:13 Antwort zu

this just in... my friend is using the 2.50 tubeless rim. (not the 3.00)

• Mi, Apr 20 2011 11:15 Antwort zu

Hi guys...

Just had a chance to put my tubeless wheel combo (Heidenau K58 3.50 x 10 on polished aluminium 2.50 x10 SIP tubeless rims) onto the spare wheel holder of my PX125e.

Does it fit there?

Well, yes and no. Yes, it sits in place (supported by the battery) but can't be secured on the designated studs. I think the wider 2.50 design as opposed to the standard's 2.10 design is the reason for this. Or maybe I need longer studs?

Here's a pic:

Tried the flip side as well which was deeper than the normal (valve outward) side but no luck with that either. Fortunately, with the side panel on, the spare wheel stays in place. I went on with my routine on the Vespa for about half a day in city centre traffic without any issues. Not an ideal solution as I would have preferred that the wheel be properly secured to the frame as Piaggio intended to but at least it's a workable option.

Would definitely appreciate it if SIP had a solution to this...

• Mi, Apr 20 2011 18:49 Antwort zu

well guys,

i apologize. my friend is running the SIP 2.50 tubeless rims with 100 x 90 x 10 tires and he said it fit. i'm going to try to get some photos to see how/why it works for his spare. i don't think he mentioned it, but maybe he's not able to bolt in the spare either.

quathafi, i don't know... maybe his studs are longer. and i agree - it would be nice if SIP had a solution. or atleast say the rims may not work as a spare. (i don't recall seeing any kind of note/tip like that, do you?)

if i can get the photos i'll post them, heggie

• Mi, Mai 25 2011 8:32 Antwort zu

Anyone come up with a solution yet?

I am using standard split rims as spares at the moment but if I get a puncture on front or rear wheel where do I put it?

Don't much like the solution of having it loose or supported by the battery.

• IP-Adresse ist 188.248.10.60
  • Mi, Mai 25 2011 23:03 Antwort zu

Yes it's a bit of a difficult one this, especially as some S.I.P tubeless suppliers on ebay are selling these rims in threes which would make any buyer think that they would fit as a spare under the side panel. The only other solutions for you matt would be to carry a tubeless repair kit and hope the hole is small enough to be repaired, or to get a back rack fitted which allows you to carry a spare in it. Back racks aren't everybodies cup of tea though I know.

Seite 1 von 2 (24 Treffer) 1 2 > Weiter |