34296 Gäste, 1692 Mitglieder online.

community Forum

Nicht beantwortet 75459000 Floor Runner Kit for Vespa RUBBISH

Letzter Beitrag So, Apr 6 2014 3:43 von mrchu. 3 Antworten.
  • So, Apr 6 2014 3:43 Antwort zu

Not really as advertised

kit comes with both pop and round head rivets. But for what it is, its not at all a good buy. These are not preformed to the contour of the scooter, they are straight, but thats not a bad thing really, as its easy enough to do. The unfortunate part about this is the end caps are really poor quality. None of them fitted the runners, and cannot be used. The holes dont line up with the frame but that too is fixable.
    You could buy a dozen 15982800 to go with this as they work well.

Your're much better off going with 75450000 as the end caps are all great quality and the runners need a bit of dressing underneath but work just as well.

fang the shit out of it

• CashPoints: 5
    • IP-Adresse ist 46.163.102.230
  • Di, Jan 17 2012 15:53 Antwort zu

This was purchased as a gift for me. I finally got round to fitting it. Poor fitting, lots of bending, redrilling of holes, some of the holes in the end caps didn't line up with holes in the rails. Not enough fixings!
    • IP-Adresse ist 127.0.0.1
  • So, Jul 31 2011 14:44 Antwort zu

• Hamer
    • Top 500 Mitwirkender
    • SIP Power User
    • CashPoints 1.060

Re: 75459000 Floor Runner Kit for Vespa RUBBISH

Outer end rails had to be shortened by 4mm and 8 mm respectively, holes redrilled to match chassis.

End caps so baly moulded that I cleaned some but had to replace 8 with pattern items.

The rails were not preformed as claimed in the description and neede a lot - and I mean a lot of bending / twisting etc to get anywhere near a decent fit.

The selection of fixing rivets was interesting, and went in the garbage after a few minutes - replaced with suitable from a local car spares shop.

I have been riding / restoring Vespa PX for around 25 years and these were the worst quality of any floor kit I have ever used. Came in a Piaggio bag.

All of this after paying a premium price, shame.

Very angry that genuine scooterists have to put up with this kind of hassle.

• IP-Adresse ist 86.132.15.247
  • Sa, Jul 30 2011 20:42

• Hamer
    • Top 500 Mitwirkender
    • SIP Power User
    • CashPoints 1.060

75459000 Floor Runner Kit for Vespa RUBBISH

Absolute quality
    Sorry guys but this 'genuine Piaggio' kit took hours and hours to fit, end caps badly moulded, alloy channels not preformed and badly drilled. Appalling quality from start to finish.

• CashPoints: 7
    • IP-Adresse ist 127.0.0.1
Seite 1 von 1 (4 Treffer) |