Ignition MALOSSI Power, for
electric ignition, 50cc 2
flywheel: 885g, l=0mm,
4 coils, 12V
One of the main passive advantages of a modern Sport ignition system is their lower overall weight than the original types, which also lessens the unsprung weight of the whole engine/swing-arm assembly. Technically speaking they also possess an optimised ignition mapping and create a stronger and more constant spark impulse. The lighter flywheel assembly also provides an improved throttle-response. The electronically adjustable ignition timing ensures an stronger torque output at low revs and a more effective combustion at the top of the rev range. All of these clever features and many more are available in the MALOSSI 'Power' ignition system, suitable for all mopeds produced by PIAGGIO.
The MALOSSI 'Power' is designed specifically for use with all the smaller capacity two-wheelers that have left the PIAGGIO factory over the years. It delivers a steady 12V and produces a huge 90W of power! The design of the hard plastic fanwheel was perfected following countless tests in order to be capable of delivering the maximum amount of cooling air to the cylinder as possible. The complete fan/flywheel assembly weighs just 885 Gr.
Conclusion : The MALOSSI 'Power' ignition system is not a mere re-hashed development of an existing design. It represents a high-end electronic component that has genuinely earned itself a place in the set up of your tuned moped. Its economical price, the special CDI unit developed by the MALOSSI engineers and many other high-tech features make this the undisputed number one on any serious moped tuners wish-list!
Technical features :
- RPM orientated, variable ignition timing.
- Flywheel incl. fanwheel, total weight – 885 gr
- Hard plastic fanwheel with an optimised air delivery
- High-temperature resistant ignition coil and regulator, efficient and compact
- Simple installation
- Regulator ensures a stable current
- Ideal power supply for 35W bulbs
- Smartphones and other devices can have their batteries recharged
- Simplifies future servicing
- Electronic ignition, makes points ignitions obsolete, maintenance-free!
OEM Numbers (for the purpose of comparison)