Inner Rotor Ignition MALOSSI
MHR 2011, for all Moto 50 AM
The inner rotor ignition systems designed by Malossi are based on the state-of-the-art technology applied to racing. Such a new system resulted from the need to overcome the technical limitations imposed by conventional flywheel ignition, which cannot ensure consistent performance over 10,000 rpm and causes severe setting-up problems for racing vehicles.
We made the control unit even more immune to interferences developing an uP STM8 - 8 bit microprocessor with processing speed of 20MIPS, guaranteeing spark timing with greater accuracy than prior versions!
The MHR version includes a control unit with variable spark advance timing, not adjustable.
- Variable spark advance.
- System based on an uP STM8 - 8 bit microprocessor with a processing speed of 20MIPS (Million Instructions Per Second).
- Reduced processing time, improved spark advance precision and stability.
- Hardware architecture with improved immunity to interferences.
- Temperature class 105°C cable.
- Vector spark advance tables comprised of 24 breakpoints with linear interpolation.
High voltage coil
- Capacitive discharge.
- Ultra high efficiency.
- Constant 30,000 V discharge voltage up to 20,000 rpm.
- Small (Ø 58 mm) and light inner rotor.
- Permanent magnet rotor ensuring excellent performance.
- Unprecedented efficiency with minimum weight.
WARNING : with this kind of ignition the lighting set is disconnected.
OEM Numbers (for the purpose of comparison)