Racing Cylinder MALOSSI MHR
Team II Factory 68cc for
MINARELLI horizontal 50cc 2
Ø 47,6mm, aluminium,
conrod 0,0mm, pin 12mm,
with cylinder head
FOR RACE USE ONLY
Team Factory for Scooter
Race Ready – Hand Finished
The Best of Malossi's Cylinder Kits
Team Factory, the synthesis of many years of racing research and development, is a special product line of cylinder kits from Malossi, handmade in limited quantities, and intended solely for scooter racing. The new cylinder kits Team Factory are the result of further development and refinement of Malossi products specifically selected and developed for the Malossi Trophy. Extreme attention is paid to the machining of these products, so much so that they show the full potential of Malossi's research and experience, from material selection to production processes, the level of precision to the rigorous final quality testing.
The cylinder is one of the most important and most complex parts that make up the kit Trophy.
The port and exhaust diagram values must be within tolerances of 5 hundredths of a millimetre. To obtain these infinitesimal values it is essential to tweak both exhaust and transfer ports one by one, with dental tools, which only expert technicians can perform.
Only perfect cylinders, subjected to the most sophisticated and rigorous controls, become Malossi Team Factory. The cylinder and piston coupling is strictly maintained within a tolerance of 5 microns, the roundness of the cylinder within 5 microns and the cylinder bore may not exceed the second-class selection.
Even the compound head is machined and subjected to very stringent quality tests, intended to check mainly the squish and compression.
- Cylinder: aluminium, alloy of silicon and copper, gravity cast, hardened and tempered with a hardness of 100-110 Brinell. Machined in-house at Malossi with high-precision machining centres.Cylinder with Cermetal protective coating, Vickers hardness 600/630, 30 degree criss-cross honing and roundness within 5 microns.
- Piston: aluminium alloy with 18% of silicon, racing version, reinforced, hardened and stress relieved, special profile and single ring.
- Piston Ring: high strength stainless steel alloy 0.8 mm with chromed and lapped sliding surface.
- Piston Pin: Aerospace quality FADH hardened steel, ground and polished.
- Head: aluminium alloy with 9% silicon, gravity cast, annealed and aged, manufactured on machining centres with a tolerance of one hundredth of a millimetre.
- Head Cover: Cast aluminium alloy with 12% silicon with Viton O-ring seal.
OEM Numbers (for the purpose of comparison)
Customers also searched for this article with:
race cylinder, performance cylinder, race cilinder, tuning cylinder, aluminum, alluminium, ally, ally, aloy, alloy