Our SIP degree disc has been developed for use with earlier Vespa models with differing crankshaft stubs. This item is simply placed over the crankshaft end in place of the flywheel and has 4 pre-set ignition timings (28°/30°/31°/32°) marked around its outer edge.
Basic ignition set up instructions :
• Determine Top Dead Centre (TDC)
• Mark the position of the arrow on the fly wheel on the crankcase with a marker pen.
• Attach the degree disc and align the 0° with the marking on the crankcase.
• Mark also the desired ignition point (anticlockwise) on the crankcase, e.g. 18° before TDC for the MALOSSI 211cc cylinder.
• Remove the degree disc, start the scooter and with the help of the stroboscopic lamp check the desired ignition marking lines up with the arrow on the flywheel. If not readjust the position of the stator plate until the correct position is found. To save time and effort during later servicing, permanently mark both the crankcase and stator plate to record their position in relation to each other.