Ignition Timing Degree Disc
PINASCO for ignition
to mount on your Vespa holder
part no 83009100 necessary
The ignition timing degree measuring disc is a practical tool that should not be missing in any properly equipped workshop. The very precise PINASCO Ignition degree disc enables an optimal set up of your ignition system. We recommend the use of the disc holder (part no 83001000) to enable simple attachment to the crankshaft.
Basic ignition set up instructions:
• Determine Top Dead Centre (TDC)
• Mark the position of the arrow on the fly wheel on the crankcase with a marker pen.
• Attach the degree disc and align the 0° with the marking on the crankcase.
• Mark also the desired ignition point (anticlockwise) on the crankcase, e.g. 18° before TDC for the MALOSSI 211cc cylinder.
• Remove the degree disc, start the scooter and with the help of the stroboscopic lamp check the desired ignition marking lines up with the arrow on the flywheel. If not readjust the position of the stator plate until the correct position is found. To save time and effort during later servicing, permanently mark both the crankcase and stator plate to record their position in relation to each other.
OEM Numbers (for the purpose of comparison)
0830 10070830 (PINASCO)