The main advantages of a sport orientated ignition system include a lighter flywheel, an optimised ignition curve and a more powerful spark. The flywheels lower mass ensures a noticeably improved throttle response. The electronically adjustable sports CDI unit provides stronger torque at low revs combined with lower combustion temperatures at the higher end of the rev range! All of these useful features and more are provided by the brand new MALOSSI 'VESPower' performance ignition system.
The 'VESPower' ignition is compatible with all Largeframe motors equipped with a 'PX' models crankshaft (crankshaft with a large oil-seal), along with all Smallframe motors. The ignition system includes a four coil stator plate and a flywheel, CNC machined, from solid aluminium. The massively dimensioned magnets are, similar to the 'Vespatronic' system, located securely within artificial resin. The fanwheel, constructed using a tough plastic material, was exposed to an extensive development process in order to achieve the largest possible volume of cooling air to be delivered to the cylinder area. It also possesses 'Booster-fins', positioned between the cooling fins, that alter its aerodynamics to reduce the noises typically produced by these types of ignition. The basic flywheel unit has a total weight of 1.2kg, although it can be raised using special weights by either 420gr or 824gr, according to motor set up. These extra weights can be ordered separately.
A stator plate adapter, a CDI ignition coil, a spark plug cap, an ignition coil mounting bracket, a voltage regulator, a brake light switch and (according to model) a wiring loom adapter are also included in this ignition upgrade kit. For fitting this system to Vespa 'PX' models that do not possess a battery, MALOSSI also produce a wiring loom adapter which is also available separately.
Conclusion : The 'VESPower' ignition is not only a mere further development of the existing performance ignition systems for Vespa motors. The many useful extra features, its low price, the comprehensive, state-of-the-art range of included components (especially the MALOSSI developed extra-powerful CDI unit) makes this ignition the first choice for all serious tuners!
Technical features :
– Rev-orientated, 8° constantly variable ignition point (e.g. 23° to 15°)
– 1.2kg Flywheel (including fanwheel), adjustable through special 420gr and 842gr weights
– Tough plastic fanwheel including sound-wave interfering 'Booster-fins'
– High performance spark plug cap – Electrical power output : 12V / 90W
– Extreme-temperature resistant, efficient and compact ignition coil and voltage regulator
– Simple installation
– Clean and constant voltage regulator performance
– Optimal power supply for 35W bulbs
– Cell phones and other mobile communication equipment can be recharged from your scooter
– Simple construction makes adjustment and servicing child’s play
– Non-contact ignition eliminates the fragile points system, virtually maintenance-free
– A 28 x 1 dimensioned flywheel remover tool is necessary