o Penetrating rust inhibitor
o Stops rust and protects the base metal from further rusting
o Penetrates and protects down to the sound metal.
o Drives out moisture and air and stabilises
• Leaves a bonding film on all surfaces
o Excellent adhesion including on galva, alu, zinc, wood …
o Maintains the natural look of the surface (metal, wood, etc.)
o Enhanced adhesion, ideal foundation for primers or finishing coats.
o Allows paint to be applied direct to firm rust. o Heat resistance up to +175°C
• Paint Conditioner o Makes alkyd paint rust inhibiting
o Improved paint flow and workability
o Better viscosity which allows painting to be carried out in cold, warm or windy conditions.
o Replaces damaging thinners; improves hiding power of paint.
• Wood impregnation
o Deeply penetrates and seals wood.
o Protects metal parts.
WHERE TO USE
• Ferrous and non ferrous metals. (may be applied on wood, plastics, glass,…)
• Lightly to heavily rusted surfaces. • On new surfaces, use OWATROL AP60
• May be used in any oil based paints, air drying alkyds, lacquers and varnishes, one component urethanes and asphalt / petroleum based paints. May be mixed with oil based stains/paint to improve impregnation of wood and protection of metal surfaces (hinges and fittings)
• Do not mix with quick drying paints (car paints), chlorinated rubber paints, with two components paints and water based paints (see OWATROL-EB and FLOETROL)
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
• Ensure surface is clean, dry and free from oil, grease and scale
• Owatrol Oil can achieve better results on rusted surfaces because it uses the rust as a pigment to form a protective coating.
• To make paint rust inhibiting, mix 25% Owatrol Oil, 75% paint.
• To improve paint flow, mix 5-10 % Owatrol Oil with paint